Penobscot Home Performance is currently hiring experienced Home Energy Evaluators to service Penobscot, Piscataquis, Knox, Waldo, and Hancock Counties. Visits homes of customers to test and identify conditions that cause energy waste and recommends actions to improve comfort, health, safety, and energy efficiency. Focus is on improving the building envelope but knowledge in “the house as a system” is necessary. This position requires a sales background as well as knowledge of building science.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- BPI certification;
- Ability to conduct home energy evaluations in accordance with BPI standards and to use test equipment such as a blower door, infrared camera, and combustion efficiency analyzer;
- Great customer service and people skills. Ability to relate well to customers and to communicate the principles of building science and the benefits of home energy efficiency upgrades to customers;
- Ability to write reports, construction estimates, and to use energy modeling software;
- Ability to make sales, follow up with customers, and represent Penobscot Home Performance in a professional manner.
- Background and/or training in the building construction trades, sales, or real estate;
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software;
- Self-motivated with experience in sales and customer service.
- Base salary with commission, with a potential for substantial income;
- Use of company equipment and marketing infrastructure;
- Paid personal days and holidays.